Looking for a vegetarian alternative to the hugely popular General Tso Chicken? Look no more. Here’s a tasty vegetarian recipe for General Tso Air Fried Cauliflower.
Cauliflower & Batter
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp roasted garlic
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1/4 cup of water
- Break cauliflower into bite size pieces and rinse with water.
- Combine remaining batter ingredients in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add cauliflower to batter mixture and coat.
- Spray air fryer with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower in single layer in the air fryer.
- “Fry” for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl and save.
- In a small pot combine all sauce ingredients and whisk.
- Cook on medium/high heat, stirring occasionally until thick and beginning to bubble.
- Pour over the cauliflower bites and mix to coat.
- Serve with scallions and sesame seeds, as desired.
- Serve immediately