The Gut-Brain Axis
Listen to “Gut-Brain Axis” on Spreaker.
The connection between the gut and the brain is fascinating! In this episode of Doctors+, Dr. Simran Rattan, MD, integrative medicine physician, integrative health coach, meditation coach and certified tai chi instructor, explains the gut-brain axis and how inflammation, mental health and chronic disease fit in. You’ll learn about leaky gut, our microbiome and what causes gut imbalance. Plus, discover what foods can help restore gut balance, including a discussion about prebiotics, probiotics and fermented foods.
In this podcast you’ll hear:
– Gut-brain axis: a 2 way street
– Microbiome and leaky gut
– Gluten sensitivity and leaky gut
– The connection between gut imbalance and eczema
– Signs of leaky gut (bloating, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, mood changes, abdominal pain)
– Stomach aches & migraines in children
– Mind body therapy
– What causes gut imbalance?
– Relationship between gut health, nutrition and mental health
– Whole foods
– Anti-inflammatory foods & Mediterranean diet
– Fermented foods, prebiotics & probiotics
– Mental health and mind-body therapy