Ever wondered what to do with jackfruit? Here’s an audience submission for Banana Jackfruit Dessert.
Looking for a vegetarian alternative to the hugely popular General Tso Chicken? Look no more. Here’s a tasty vegetarian recipe for General Tso Air Fried Cauliflower.
Cauliflower & Batter
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp roasted garlic
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1/4 cup of water
- Break cauliflower into bite size pieces and rinse with water.
- Combine remaining batter ingredients in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add cauliflower to batter mixture and coat.
- Spray air fryer with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower in single layer in the air fryer.
- “Fry” for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl and save.
- In a small pot combine all sauce ingredients and whisk.
- Cook on medium/high heat, stirring occasionally until thick and beginning to bubble.
- Pour over the cauliflower bites and mix to coat.
- Serve with scallions and sesame seeds, as desired.
- Serve immediately
Back by popular demand, JP has sent AFN another one of his recipe videos. If you’ve ever tried to make your own vegetarian burger, you might have found that they either fall apart when grilling or they end up too dry.
Here’s a high protein veggie burger recipe that stands up to the test whether you grill, fry or bake them.
- 2 (16 ounces each) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked per package instructions
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or bbq sauce or ketchup
Rinse and drain black beans. Mash beans with a masher or fork, leaving some beans whole. Add cooked quinoa, peppers, onion, spices and sauce and stir. Add eggs and bread crumbs and combine mixture by hand.
Take a ball size of mixture and form to make a patty. Place on grill for 3-5 minutes on each side. You can also cook the burgers in a large skillet in hot oil for 3 minutes per side, or bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, turning over after 8 minutes.
Top as desired.
Depending on size of burgers, this recipe makes 10-12 burgers.
Petra makes a delicious, low-sugar, gluten-free fruity vodka cocktail perfect for celebrating any time of the year.
The producer’s favourite! It’s tasty, low calorie, diabetic friendly and doesn’t contain any of the top 8 foods that account for 90% of food allergic reactions.
Petra does it again as she offers up a delicious and nutritious allergen friendly snack. Enjoy roasted chickpeas the next time you have the munchies.
These delicious gluten free brownies are made with almond flour instead of white flour. You can also make them non-dairy by using margarine instead of butter.
Here’s a great tip from Petra on how to release the flavour in basil.
Here’s a recipe video for bruschetta without all the bread and carbs.
It’s great for diabetics or for anyone wanting to lower their carbs without sacrificing flavour.
This recipe video will show you how to make a vegetable lasagna using vegetable shelves instead of lasagna noodles.
It’s great for anyone wanting a meal with fewer carbohydrates and is diabetic friendly.