This video is one of AFN’s audience submissions. If you avoid or are restricted from eating dairy, here’s a dairy free alternative.
Cashew milk is used instead of milk. Unlike other milk substitutes, cashew milk maintains a great pancake texture.
This video is one of AFN’s audience submissions. This is a tasteful recipe for extraordinary pancakes requiring only two ingredients.
This video is one of AFN’s audience submissions. Watch how to make a rice dish and vegetable dish using those rich antioxidants turmeric and cumin, plus yogurt with pomegranate seeds. It really is Indian Made Easy.
This video is one of AFN’s audience submissions. Gluten free and vegan brownies recipe using sunflower seeds, maple syrup and cocoa powder.
TOTAL TIME: 40 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180º/356F.
- Place the sunflower seeds in a food processor bowl and blend until you get a paste-like texture.
- Add the cocoa powder, the salt and the vanilla extract, blend again for 1 more minute.
- Add the maple syrup, and pulse for 1 minute, then add water and pulse again, stop when you get a very smooth paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and sift over the potato flour and baking powder.
- Add now the chocolate chips and mix.
- Grease a small cake tin with coconut oil and dust with cocoa powder.
- Pour the batter into the mould and bake for around 30 minutes. It should be cooked when there’s a nice crusty layer on the top.
- Let it cool down completely before slicing.
This video is one of AFN’s audience submissions. This egg frittata is chock full of veggies. It’s gluten free, low carb and vegetarian. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner…
This video is one of AFN’s audience submissions. This roast chicken and vegetables dish takes a while in the oven, but it’s super easy to prepare…and just wait till you see the look on people’s faces when they taste it!
This roast chicken and vegetables dish takes a while in the oven, but it’s super easy to prepare… and just wait till you see the look on people’s faces when they taste it!
- 2 (about 1.6 kg or 3.5 lbs each) butterflied whole chickens (watch the video in our story)
- 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cups cremini mushroom, sliced
- 680 g or 1 1/2 lbs creamer potatoes (if you can’t find these, use other tiny potatoes with skin on)
- 2 + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp course sea salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp red pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 + 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp flaked salt
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
Place all the the veggies in a large roasting pan.
Add 2 tbsp olive oil, coarse sea salt, paprika, chili powder, red pepper sauce, lime juice and 1 tsp black pepper.
Using clean hands, mix everything inside the roasting pan until the ingredients are all coated.
Rub the chickens in the seasoned veggies until coated.
Even out the veggies on the bottom of the roasting pan and place the two chickens on top of the veggies side by side.
Drizzle remaining 2 tbsp olive evenly over the chickens.
Sprinkle the flaked salt and remaining 1 tsp black pepper evenly over the chickens.
Place the roasting pan in the oven on the middle rack and roast for 70 minutes at 350 ºF.
After 70 minutes, change the oven temperature to broil at 500 ºF for 10 to 15 minutes.
Check colour and doneness with a thermometer (165° Fahrenheit or 74° Celsius).
Take the pan out of the oven and let rest for 10 minutes loosely covered with foil.
Sprinkle chopped parsley (or other favourite herms) over the chickens. Serve hot! Enjoy!
Cooked chicken’s internal temperature 165° Fahrenheit or 74° Celsius. Use an instant-read thermometer to determining the temperature of your chicken. You shouldn’t see pink at the bone and the juices should run clear.